Plain English Terms and Conditions
By signing up to AroundRock3.com as a Rock 3 Rover you are indicating your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- AroundRock3.com (we, us) own all intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. You will retain ownership rights to any material you produce and post on the website and are free to reproduce a copy of your own work on other sites, however you may not reproduce work not created by you, unless you have been given express written permission from AroundRock3.com.
- By becoming a Rock 3 rover you promise that you are at least 18 years old (or the correct age to form a legal, binding contract in your jurisdiction). If you are younger than the age to form a valid, legal contract with us, you must get your parent or guardian’s permission to use this Website.
- By posting your work on www.aroundrock3.com you give us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, freely sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, prepare derivative works of and display the User posts and material in connection with the Website and business. We may use your work to promote the site.
- By using this Website and participating in the services we offer, you agree that your User Posts will not contain anything that is or could appear to be:
- Threatening, harmful, stalking another user, harassing, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- Untrue, misleading, libelous, invasive to another person’s privacy or protected data;
- Pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized;
- Infringing or allegedly infringing on a third party’s intellectual property rights, including patent, trade secret, copyright, trademark, right of publicity or other proprietary rights, including, but not limited to, any User Posts or Designs that are subject to any third party claim for infringement;
- Anything that you do not have the legal right to transfer;
- Anything that you are legally bound not to disclose under contractual or fiduciary relationships including, but not limited to, inside information or proprietary and confidential business information;
- Unsolicited, undisclosed, or unauthorized advertising;
- Software viruses or any other malicious computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunication equipment;
- Data or information obtained by the unauthorized access of another’s computer or account with which such a posting or submission would constitute unauthorized use; and
- Any other post or submission that violates applicable local, state, national or international law, regulation or statute (including export laws).
- From time to time things change, if the manner in which AroundRock3 is operated (or even owned) we will inform you at the email address you have provided in your signup form.
- AroundRock3 derives income from Affiliate Advertising, banner advertising, sponsorship and various other means. No advertising material included on the site shall imply that AroundRock3 endorses such advertiser, however all efforts are made to include only reputable advertisers who we have positive experience or knowledge of.
- AroundRock3 is a community of like minded individuals working together to provide quality material about expat life and experiential travel including personal experiences of these subjects. To be an active member, you must submit a minimum of 4 blog posts in any given calendar year. For the purposes of profit distribution you must be an active member in the year in which the profit is earned.
- All income derived through the operation of the site will be reported to active / contributing members on an annual basis (or more frequently if the size of it should warrant).
- All direct costs of operating the website, including but not limited to, webhosting, domain registration, transaction fees, paid advertising, postage and general office expenses will be deducted from the income received as required. An annual management fee shall be paid equivalent to a maximum of 20% of net profit (after deduction of all expenses and tax) up to a maximum of $US100,000 per annum (which ever is less).
- After deduction of Operational Costs, Taxes and Management Fee the remaining profit will be distributed amongst Active Members on a proportional basis in accordance with the number of posts they have submitted to the site during the relevant financial year. (eg, if you have submitted 5 posts during the year out of a total of 100 by all members you will receive 5% of the distributable income)
- Members shall not be liable for any debts incurred on behalf of AroundRock3 through either raising of loans or losses incurred in the operation of the site.
- We reserve the right to levy a membership fee, however will provide plenty of warning to existing members of any intended changes to membership costs, if they are to apply to them as well.
- By being a part of our profit sharing programme, you agree that you are not an employee of AroundRock3 and that your relationship to us shall be as an independent contractor. You will be responsible for reporting all income to your relevant tax authority. Please seek independent tax advise on how you should deal with any income raised through this relationship.
- You may not represent yourself as an official representative of AroundRock3 or make any statements on behalf of AroundRock3, you are however able to say that you are writing for AroundRock3.com when talking to 3rd parties.
Most importantly, while we refer to a profit sharing programme, this is not intended to be a “Get Rich Quick” scheme and we make no warranties as to the level of income one could expect to earn through this site. We will however do our best to ensure that the website is promoted widely through various sources including a Facebook Page, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and whatever other services we may from time to time deem suitable.
As a member our only requests of you are as follows;
- Please submit on a regular basis, (as a minimum to retain Active Member status you need to submit 4 posts in any given calendar year.)
- Please promote the site widely and regularly through your own social networks.
- When writing posts, looks to opportunities to include references to suitable affiliate products that are related to your post. Eg. guide books for the country or area you are writing about. Also if you are writing about a destination or experience include a section on How to get there, where to stay, places to eat, things to do so that readers find some additional value in your post.
- Most importantly enjoy your travels, write with passion and include 3-4 good quality photos per post (or more if the post warrants it).
- Remember this is your community so if you have any ideas on how we could do things better please let us know.
We reserve the right to change any aspects of these terms and conditions at any time.
Updated 26 April 2016.